What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a technology that allows you to create a secure connection over a less-secure network between your computer and the internet. This can be especially useful when you are using a public Wi-Fi network or want to ensure that your internet traffic is encrypted and secure.
When you connect to a VPN, you create a secure “tunnel” between your device and the VPN server. All of your internet traffic is then routed through this tunnel, so it can’t be intercepted by anyone else. This can provide a number of benefits, including:
- Improved privacy: A VPN can help protect your online privacy by encrypting your internet traffic and hiding your IP address.
- Greater security: A VPN can help protect your device from malicious software and hackers by creating a secure connection to the internet.
- Access to restricted content: A VPN can also help you access websites and content that may be blocked in your country or region.
There are many VPN services available, and they typically work by installing a client software on your device that establishes the secure connection to the VPN server. Some VPNs are free, while others require a subscription fee.
How to configure a free PPTP VPN connection in Windows 11
To configure a free PPTP VPN connection in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Network & Internet”.
- Click on “VPN” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the “+” button to add a new VPN connection.
- In the “Add a VPN connection” window, enter the following information:
- VPN provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection name: choose a name for the VPN connection
- Server name or address: enter the server address of the VPN provider
- VPN type: PPTP
- Type of sign-in info: User name and password
- User name: enter your VPN username
- Password: enter your VPN password
- Click on “Save” to save the VPN connection.
- To connect to the VPN, click on the VPN connection you just created, and then click on the “Connect” button. You may be prompted to enter your VPN username and password again.
- When the connection is established, you will see a notification in the system tray indicating that you are now connected to the VPN.
Note: Keep in mind that PPTP is an older VPN protocol that is not as secure as more modern protocols like OpenVPN or IKEv2. It is generally recommended to use a more secure VPN protocol if possible.
In this video, we shall learn to Configure Free VPN in Windows 11 Operating System. SO lets get started and see how it is done.
Find related articles: