Installing Chromium Browser on Ubuntu Linux
Ubuntu Linux is a popular operating system and Chromium browser is a great web browser for Linux users. Luckily, it’s easy to download and install Chromium on Ubuntu Linux. Here’s how:
Why Install Chromium browser on Ubuntu?
There are several benefits to using Chromium as a web browser:
- Chromium is an open-source browser, which means that anyone can view and contribute to its source code. This can lead to a more secure and stable browser, as any potential vulnerabilities can be quickly identified and fixed by the community.
- Chromium is frequently updated with the latest web standards and technologies, which can provide a better browsing experience and improve compatibility with newer websites.
- Chromium has a large user base, which means that it is well-tested and has a high level of compatibility with a wide range of devices and operating systems.
- Chromium is highly customizable, with a large number of extensions and themes available to enhance the browsing experience.
- Chromium is generally considered to be a lightweight and efficient browser, which can help to improve performance on lower-end devices.
Overall, Chromium is a solid choice for a web browser, offering a good balance of features, performance, and security. Now lets Install Chromium browser on Ubuntu Linux.
To install Chromium on Ubuntu Linux, follow these steps:
- Open a terminal by pressing
Ctrl + Alt + Tor by searching for “Terminal” in the dashboard.
- Update the package manager’s list of available packages by running the following command:
sudo apt update
- Install Chromium by running the following command:
sudo apt install chromium-browser
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch Chromium by searching for it in the dashboard or by running the following command in the terminal:
That’s it! Chromium should now be installed and ready to use on your Ubuntu Linux system.
Once Chromium is installed, you can use it to access the web. Chrome has a lot of features that make browsing more efficient, such as tabbed browsing, spell check, autofill, and private browsing.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed Chromium on Ubuntu Linux. Enjoy browsing the web on your new browser!