How to Upgrade OpenSUSE 15.3 to 15.4 using the CLI
Upgrading between major versions of Linux can be a difficult and time-consuming process, but the command line interface in OpenSUSE makes it a lot easier. In this article, we will be discussing how to upgrade OpenSUSE 15.3 to 15.4 using the CLI.
Steps to Follow
- Check the System Requirements: In order to upgrade to OpenSUSE 15.4, you must ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements. OpenSUSE 15.4 requires at least 4GB of RAM and 20GB of free disk space.
- Backup your System: Before you perform any major upgrade, it is recommended that you take a backup of your system. This will ensure that all of your files and data are safe, in case something goes wrong with the upgrade.
- Download the Image: Download the latest installation image of OpenSUSE 15.4 from the official website. Once the download is complete, burn the image onto a DVD or USB drive.
- Boot from the DVD/USB Drive: Boot your system from the DVD or USB drive, and select the “Upgrade” option on the installation menu.
- Follow Instructions: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade process.
It is as simple as that. Following these steps will allow you to upgrade from OpenSUSE 15.3 to 15.4 using the CLI. Make sure to follow all the instructions carefully, and you should have a smooth upgrade process.